Get ready, because today I'm going to share with you a fresh perspective on weight loss.
One that doesn't revolve around restrictive fad diets or grueling workout marathons that leave you feeling like you've just finished a triathlon! 🥵
Instead, I'm inviting you to step into a more mindful approach to weight loss, one that is as nurturing as a warm cup of tea on a rainy afternoon, yet just as effective ☕
Sadly, most people stumble on their weight loss journey because they lack a balanced and sustainable approach.
Falling prey to quick fixes or trendy diets is the main reason for weight loss failure.
If this is not enough, many also:
- Being scale-obsessed and not considering overall health
- Ignoring the role of mental well-being in the process
- Skipping meals or putting oneself on a restrictive diet
- Forgetting the vitality of physical activity
But, don't be discouraged. In this newsletter I'm going to share 3 tips on how you can overcome these challenges and reach your weight loss goals.
Tip 1: Master the Art of Mindful Eating
The secret sauce to sustainable weight loss is to develop a healthy relationship with food, one bite at a time.
Mindful eating involves tuning into your hunger and fullness cues, truly savoring your meals, and minimizing distractions while eating.
Today, give this a shot:
- Eat without screen-time: Find a tranquil spot and make your meal an 'event'. Avoid multi-tasking. No TV, no texting, just you and your meal. Let the food be the star of your show.
- 🐢 Take it slow, make it last: Set your utensils down between bites. Catch a breath. If you're dining with others, indulge in some delicious conversation.
By eating slowly and mindfully, you digest better, control weight more effortlessly, and leave the table feeling truly satisfied.
Tip 2: Remember to breathe
Stress is one of the main culprits behind weight gain
Stress can lead to unwholesome eating habits, such as emotional eating and binge eating.
The good news is breathing techniques can help you manage stress like a pro, which can guide you towards healthier food choices
Try this today:
Practice the 5-5-5 breath technique:
- inhale through the nose for 5 seconds
- direct the breath to the lower belly
- hold the breath for 5 seconds
- exhale through the mouth for 5 seconds
- Repeat 5 times
Tip 3: Regular Yoga Practice is Key
A common pitfall is underestimating the role of physical activity in weight loss.
Yoga is a great way to get your groove on and even kick some calories to the curb 🧘♂️
Depending on the duration and intensity of the practice, a yoga session can torch anywhere between 100 to 400 calories
Plus, yoga can help you build muscle 💪
The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn, even when you're just lounging on the sofa 🛋️
Give this a shot tomorrow:
Tomorrow morning, let's greet the day with a yoga practice. Even if you don’t have a full 45 minutes to spare, a 10-minute yoga session can be a wonderful start.
Here's a free 10 minutes class from my digital studio, ASHRAM, to try tomorrow morning
10 min morning yoga quicke
Always remember, healthy weight loss is a journey, not a sprint. It's about nurturing a harmonious relationship with your body and mind.
Whenever you’re ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. My favorite way of movement routine is yoga. I stick to it for over 15 years now!
I’d recommend you to start with yoga if you are looking for a low impact form of exercise that will help you gracefully build strength and improve flexibility from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
To help you start your yoga journey I created the 28-Days Zero To Yoga Challenge.