Today, I'll share a unique morning routine that transformed my body from the flexibility level of a wooden plank to more like a bendy straw.
This routine could help you say goodbye to that 'morning stiffness' and start your day feeling like a well-oiled machine.
Read Time: 3 min
- Shrinks those nasty knots of pain in your back, neck, and shoulders
- Helps you maintain the tall and upright posture
- Lets you move around without limitation
- Improves your body's balance
Here’s a 7 minutes yoga routine to do daily if you want to become more flexible:
🟡 Fold & Twist
Good for: hamstrings, calves, chest & back
- Start standing
- Fold forward, bend both knees, place the hands on the ground (or block)
- Straighten the right leg, rotate your torso to the right and open the right arm up to the sky. Then switch sides
- Repeat the stretch for 60 seconds.
🟡 Triangle Pose
Good for: hips, groins, hamstrings, calves, chest and shoulders
- Stand with your feet apart. Turn your right foot out 90 degrees, and your left toes in about 45 degrees.
- Extend your arms out to the sides, parallel to the floor with palms facing down.
- Begin to bend from the hip towards your right.
- Lower your right hand, placing it on your shin, ankle, block or the ground, depending on your flexibility.
- Extend your left arm toward the ceiling, look up at your left hand.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Repeat on the opposite side.
🟡 Low lunge
Good for: ankles and hip flexors
- Start standing at front of mat with feet under hips and arms at sides.
- Fold forward, place fingers on floor, and step left foot to back far enough that right knee can bend to 90 degrees.
- Lower the left knee down to the mat
- Lift torso up until shoulders are over hips and extend arms overhead, biceps by ears.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Then, repeat on opposite side.
🟡 Puppy pose
Good for: shoulders, upper back, arms, abs
- Start in all fours position
- Walk hands forward
- Lower forearms on to the floor, dropping chest down and bringing forehead to rest on mat.
- Hold the stretch for 60 seconds.
🟡 Yogi squat
Good for: Hips, lower back, ankles
- Begin standing, then bring your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips down, coming into a squat. Aim to bring your hips lower than your knees, keeping your feet flat on the ground.
- Press your elbows against your inner knees and bring your palms together in prayer position.
- Hold the stretch for 60 seconds.
Good for: hip flexors, quads
- Start lying on back with arms at sides and legs bent, feet flat on the floor
- Press your feet to the floor and lift hips into air
- Pull shoulder blades together and bring hands to clasp.
- Hold for 30 seconds, release and repeat once again
Good for: lower back, hips, chest, shoulders
- Start by lying on your back.
- Extend your arms out to the sides in a T-shape.
- Bring thee right knee in and lower it to your left side while keeping your shoulders flat on the floor.
- Turn your head to the right for an additional neck stretch.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Then, repeat on the other side.
And that's it!
A perfect 7-minute morning routine to improve your flexibility.
Remember, consistency is key. Make these stretches a part of your morning ritual, and soon enough, you'll notice the improvement in your flexibility, posture, and overall well-being.
So, let's roll out our yoga mats and embrace the morning with some great stretches!
Whenever you’re ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. My favorite way of movement routine is yoga. I stick to it for over 15 years now!
I’d recommend you to start with yoga if you are looking for a low impact form of exercise that will help you gracefully build strength and improve flexibility from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
To help you start your yoga journey I created the 28-Days Zero To Yoga Challenge.
2. To support your at-home yoga practice, I've created a digital studio - Ashram.
Ashram is your one-stop solution, filled with a diverse array of yoga classes, curated programs, tailored bundles, and a weekly schedule designed to enhance your wellness journey.
Start your 7-day free trial today and embrace the path of health, peace, and flexibility with Ashram.